Deliver a quality transportation system by advertising and executing contracts to build and maintain the system and by providing professional construction management, program oversight and training.
VDOT's Mission and Values
|Kerry Bates, P.E.
State Construction Engineer
|Greg Henion, P.E.
Deputy State Construction Engineer
|Harold Caples, P.E.
- Construction and
- Bid Documents
- Contract Documents
- Emergency Contracts
|Robbie Williams, P.E.
- Performance Measurements
- Federal Authorizations
- Division Business
|Jeremy Kitto, P.E.
- Project Control / Scheduling
- Final Records
- Data Management and Analytics
|Beau Hoyt, P.E.
- Construction Management
- Design-Build Administration
- Consultant CEI
- Local Project Administration
- Business Application Support
- Value Engineering / Constructability
- UPDATE - COVID-19 / Coronavirus (6/15/2021)
Reminder - Construction Vehicle Warning Lights - 3/11/2021
- Prequalification certifications expire at the end of each month based on vendor name. In order to ensure that your current certification does not expire and your company remains prequalified with the Department, please take all measures necessary to ensure that you have submitted all documents to the Prequalification Office well in advance of your expiration in order to provide ample time for a complete review. Applications not submitted in a timely manner may result in a lapse in your company's prequalification status.
As a reminder, extensions will not be granted for application submittals unless the delay is due to the Department's actions.You may find your expiration date by searching the Department's list of Prequalified Vendors.
Please contact the Prequalification Office with any questions. 12/21/2020
- 2021 Paving Schedule Season Completion Dates - 10/30/2020
- REMIDER: Register and Use the E-Verify System 10/29/2020
- 2021 Advertisement and Letting Schedule - 9/1/2020
- 2020 Road and Bridge Specification Book - Adobe PDF - 6.96 MB (4/2020)
- Changes from 2016 Spec Book (5/2020)
- Order a hard-copy of the 2020 Specifications Book (5/2020)
- Commonwealth Employees: Contact the State Specifications Engineer at email@example.com.
gov before purchasing.
- IMPORTANT: CONNECTION Client update - The software that allows access to ProjectWise (12/17/2019)
- Removal of Raised Pavement Markers || Responses to Questions Regarding Raised Pavement Markers
Please make sure your Project Bids software is reading the most current version, and is automatically upgrading to avoid missing DBE firm names. rev. 2/3/2020
- 2020 Paving Schedule FAQs (11/18/2019)
- Memo Regarding Plastic Inlaid Markers
- DBE Participation Goals: Credit Only Given for DBEs Performing a Commercially Useful Function (CUF) 3/12/2019
- Viewing Electronic Plans, Proposals, and Plan Holders via ProjectWise
Public notification of parking restrictions SPCN templates
Northern Virginia public notification of parking restrictions SPCN templates